Here's a quick update as I'm about to leave for book group.
We put yet another offer in on a house:
The house went on the market at 3pm on a Friday afternoon, at 4pm we were looking at it, and at 7.30pm we had submitted our offer. Plus, we offered full asking price.
Then came the waiting.
On Tuesday we got the letter that let us know that there were other offers on the house and "do you want to increase your offer?" The answer - Hell No! I hate this stupid foreclosure bank game. We sent our reply back in.
Then we waited. Again.
On Thursday were hear that our offer was submitted to management for review. Yay? It took a bit, but we finally figure out what that meant:
All other offers were rejected, but they couldn't accept ours. Why, you may ask? Because the title wasn't clean. Yeah that house shouldn't even have been on the market.
So we're waiting.
The listing realtor thinks that the title should be good this next week and then they will accept our offer. She's also telling people that ask that there is an offer on the house "being reviewed by bank management."
I'll let you know if we actually get it...
House hunting blows.